A wish to see the quilt top done, a plan, daily action, a lot of coffee and a rather distant relationship with my sewing machine these days.
For 8 weeks this was the only project I was working on!
I am known as one who juggles many projects at once, but I was drawn to be quite introvert and work on this quilt only, for as long as it took.
This quilt has all I want for the time being - some English paper piecing, some stitchery and a lot of applique, so I could easily switch between what suited my daily urge.
Some sewing machine work was done too, but not very much - the stars, some blocks and the final joining of blocks and borders.
I have been working from my own fabric collection and have had a lovely time picking what fabrics to use. It takes more time than to work from a kit, but I do enjoy the process more this way.
Originally I started the first block of this quilt in September 2014, choosing fabrics to match the original pattern, but it did not sit with my taste at all, so this third start did the trick - yes, I tried a second time too, with nothing to show for it....
I have a small pile of reject blocks from the first 2 starts that will finally be worked into something else. I will not show them to you!
The last couple of days of this project went rather fast - full speed forward - and it finished fairly fast once I started putting the blocks together, in spite of all the partial seams and inset blocks.
The quilt is now at my machine quilter Merete Ellingsen for the final touch.