I think I will start by showing you my new project, in the Dream section - Cornelian, by Helen Stubbings.This has been on my Dream list for a while, and now it is here, ready to be started.
As I already have made a big red/pink quilt this year, this one will be blue, and it will keep me occupied for the a long time ;-)
I am very happy with my latest finishes:
Toiletry bag and make up purse for my favourite niece (the one and only) :-)
From a pile of blocks, through several stages of completion, to a finished quilt in a short period of time!
The stars are hand pieced, and have been done for more than a year, the sashings are machine pieced, and Merete has done the machine quilting for me this week.
This is a BOM from Lappemakeriet, with fabric kit - Snippespekulasier.
As much as I love big quilts and BOMs, I am off the BOMs for a while now.
I have the attention span of a mosquito when it comes to follow the project through through a whole year, block by block. My mind and my quilt urges are always somewhere else after 12 months.
I wonder if it can be called a flaw or if it is quite common?
If I have all the patterns so I can work in my own speed, it is a whole other matter :-)
I have a few more BOMs in several stages of completion here in Quilt Corner.
I WILL finish them all through the next 12 months - promise to self!
I got the quilt back from Merete, the machine quilter Thursday evening, and yesterday I did all the 8 meters of binding. It is a big quilt, fit for a single bed.
DD2 has just moved out, to study in another part of Norway, and we will buy a new bed for her old room. This quilt will be perfect for the new bed.
She could not resist the smell of me on a quilt she was not allowed to use, and DH put it in the wrong spot by accident.
The repair has been due for a long time (2 years) and I got the fabric from a lovely fellow blogger:
Now, finally, I was in the mood for fuzzy cutting repair, and with the new tools of applique glue and the thin Superior thread, the 2 repairs on this blocks are hardly visible.
Even the machine quilting had to be repaired. I bet you can not see the repairs even if you click on the block photo for enlargement.
I had planned to post my current Wisps ( Work in Slow Progress) in this post too, but I think I will give you a break and post more later ;-)
So far I have 19 finishes this summer since we started Tour de Fibre in late June - Go Me :-))