Thursday, December 31, 2009

The last day of 2009

P1040951

P1040958
Mother Nature is giving a lovely Light & Frost show these days, and I am enjoying the sights from the windows.
Even the neighbour's cloth hanging rack is beautiful with frost on :-)
Did I mention that the day is now 8 minutes longer than by Winter Solstice? I like that!

P1040956 
I dug out this Gail Pan BOM last night - 4 blocks done, 5 to go.
I have since then drawn all the remaining blocks and stitched # 5 and started stitching # 6!

New Year is the time for tallies and resolutions, this year no exception!

 P1040959 P1040960P1040961
Well - even if I have both WIPs and WISPs (Work In Progress and Work In Slow Progress), as you see, I am not uncomfortable with it, and the WIPs and WISPs do not take very much place in my house or in my mind :-)

Counting WIPs and WISPs ? Nope, not really - less than 20 by a quick glance, which is Good in my book.

I do not count my pile of finished stitcheries that are not made into anything yet - they are like star shine and sugar in my day - like vitamins!
I will eventually make them in to something - I think :-)

Counting Finishes ? YES :-))

For 2009 I had 44 finishes !!
I had finishes in every month of the year, and average of 3,66 finishes a month through the year.

I will join OPAM - One Project A Month - in 2010 too - it has been great fun - thanks May Britt and Kim for keeping track and giving inspiration.

I WILL NOT join any swaps in 2010 - or thereafter!
It is time consuming, and I don't think it is not as fun as it should be investing all that time and money.
I WILL however send friends mail box joys if I feel like it, when I feel like it :-)

I am looking forward to travel in 2010, and I am looking forward to have a good time with friends offline and online.

I am looking forward to make more care quilts in 2010.
The blue and white Log Cabin blocks you can see on one of the previous photos will hopefully warm a child with a long term disease before long.

I have made some health decisions I have to follow up on.
My body needs some extra care in 2010.
I have had far to many inflammations this year. I can do something about it, and I will !
It will be a long term project - like for the rest of my life, but it will be worth it !!

P1040962
I am looking forward to spend time with you in 2010,
and I wish you and yours a wonderful New Year!
May all your days be bright and may your load be light to carry!

Hanne

6 comments:

May Britt said...

Think 2010 will be a good year for both you and me. Know we will have a lot of fun and I know we will push eachother to reach our goals. Happy new year to you dear friend.

Haldis said...

Ønsker deg og dine eit riktig godt nytt år!

Anne-Grethe said...

Flott oppsummering av året. Ønsker deg et riktig Godt og kreativt Nytt År UTEN Swaps!

Lissa Jane said...

44?? yikes..I was a bit of a slacker this past year (its 2010 here already).. I think I finished 5 quilts and I have four ready for quilting :O) i am planning on reducing my WIP's as well..

Best wishes for 2010 to you :O)

Lissa
Australia
(PS I Love the finished quilt in your previous post.. )

paula, the quilter said...

I have decided that I will not join any swaps this year. I think I stopped about halfway through the year. The pressure, stress and time involved, you know...

Merete said...

Godt Nytt År til deg. Spennende å se hvordan du setter sammen "Gail Pan" sine stitchery blokker. Har sett forskjellige flotte varianter.