Here is what I bought in USA and Canada, fabric wise, from Yoder Dept. Store and Lolly's fabrics in Shipshewana + Quilty Pleasures and The Running Stitch in Canada.
My shopping plan for the trip was to stock up on Civil War Repros and Jo Morton Fabrics, and you can see I have stuck to my plan, mostly :-)
I have plans for 3 of the 4 bundles of fat quarters too.
I have also about 3/4 of a bolt of high quality muslin as well - approx 30 yards, to use for blocks off course.
You know I am a block addict, right ? :-) The Ecology Cloth muslin is great for stitchery too.
As you know we returned from The Trip on Wednesday afternoon a week ago.
- Wednesday evening it was guild meeting locally, and it was a joy to attend, as usual. It was better to go there than to fall asleep in a chair to early. Nearly 24 hours without sleep...... I say no more......
- Thursday I had a birthday lunch with 2 friends and spent the evening doing the last prep work for a weekend class.
- Friday I was teaching, from 6 pm - 10 pm - topic: Log Cabin variations.
- Saturday was busy with a friend staying the weekend, Friday to Sunday, attending the class. I also added some work to my class handouts, and made a few more sample blocks.
- Sunday was teaching again, from 10 am - 4 pm, Log Cabin variations continued.
- Monday was teaching 6 pm - 9 pm, Kaleidoscope, last evening, moved due to renovation, from 31. March.
- Yesterday I planned to sew, but the best laid plans and all that....... Did I mention I had a looong nap in the recliner?
Add jet lag, a ton of laundry, catching up with everyday life and all - it has been some week.....
I am happy to be back with you - see you again soon :-)