Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A quiet day

A lot of things going on this week with the funeral and all.

I have enjoyed this day in my sewing corner re-charging my battery. It has been so nice to enjoy fabrics and stitches!

One NI block for yesterday and one for today.

I picked the easiest ones this time, feeling a bit like painting myself into a corner, but the feeling changed, as the easiest ones also have to be done, right :-)

I have also spent some time working on a cushion with stitchery.
The framing with grey-ish blue and grey-ish purple did not turn out to my taste, even if it looks good, so tomorrow I will un-sew the cushion top and use light green instead.
The grey-ish colours did not match my other cushions well.

Better redo the top now than spending a time regretting not doing it in the future !

4 comments:

Nancy in Norway said...

You did it! Two more beautifull blocks. Go girl, go!

Patti said...

Hear, hear! If you don't like it now you won't like it after it's aged a bit either.

Gerry said...

You do truly lovely, intricate work. Wish head hung in shame I must admit that even though I visit often, I seldom leave a comment....SORRY!

But, I am popping in to tell you that I have tagged you for the You Make My Day Award because I really do enjoy your blog and your work.

Anne Ida said...

You really are keeping a steady pace on your NI blocks, and they look so great! Well done! Bring some for me to have a look at a meeting soon? We missed you last night, but we understand you not comming :o)

Take care! Hope you have a good day! Hugs...

PS! I've given you a "You make my day" award :o) Have a look at my blog.