Most accidents happens because you was just doing.....
It is 1.50 am and I am just back from the emergency room by taxi, with both stitches and a thick bandaid.
- I was just going to get my other pair of glasses.I did not turn on the light in the bedroom because I could see the glasses from the door.
- I was just going to take the few steps to my night stand, like thousand times before.
- What I just did not do earlier in the afternoon, before leaving for guild, was to put the 2 plastic boxes with fabrics and open lids back where they belong, after taking out fabric from them. They were between me and the glasses, forgotten, and invisible in the dark.
- I was just going to finish something I had promised to bring to guild and did not spend the extra 10 seconds putting the boxes away after.
- I just did not give it another thought before I tripped over the boxes and hit the edge of the sharp plastic lid with my left eyebrow. The eyebrow split, the blood dripped. Luckily I had a friend here who found me paper to press against the cut, wiped the floor and drove me to ER.
The surgeon stitching me up was a nice young lady who told me this was not the most stupid accident so far - how nice of her !
I must admit telling I had tripped over a box with fabrics because I was a quilter in a hurry, and now I was spending hours waiting to be stitched back together occurs to me like an embarrassing story, on my behalf.
Nevertheless - it will be a good party story in quilting circles, don't you think ? :-)
Lesson learned ?
I guess so - as I am not looking good in bandaid, stitches and facial scars of about 1".
Don't leave boxes out where I can trip over them - it is a waste of time and beauty ;-)