Monday, August 06, 2007

My first vacation stitchery finish

The day before we left for Denmark I prepped this stitchery and before the day had passed it was nearly done, except for the red stitches.
I just had to do one thread, another thread and another thread - I am sure you know how it goes :-)
I have used black / grey variegated thread and I love the effect.
The design is from Candlelight Creations by Leanne May.
I plan to make a makeup purse from this after the vacation.

If you have a minute, visit May Britt and drop her a line - a virtual card shower for a quilter unable to stitch or sew right now. Let's brighten her day :-)

16 comments:

Chookyblue said...

nice stitchery so good to hear you have had a wonderful time away..........Leanne's house is moving along..........

Yvonne said...

What a sweet little girl!

Darlene said...

She's adorable! How could resist working on this one. :-)

I hurt for May Britt so much - I'm anxious for her to get relief from her pain - I've left a message for her.

Laila said...

Hello. your little girl looks great.
Good to have you back from all your holidays trips. :)

Norma said...

Cute stitchery! I love the effect of the varigated thread!

Sonnja said...

Beautiful stitchery You made!
Kind Regards

Sonnja

Sølvi said...

den ble jo kjempesøt Hanne.

Nancy in Norway said...

Så nusselig stitchery! Så omtenksomt å oppfordre til å skrive til May Britt. Du er god du!

Meredith said...

Glad you enjoyed your vacation and it was productive. You came back with a completed item.

Beth said...

So beautiful! I loved!!!!!!

Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

Your stitchery is very nice. The little girl look so sweet.

Sweet P said...

Nice stitchery. I'm on vacation too, but haven't had much time to stitch other than a few hours in the plane.

I'm off to say hi to May.

Anonymous said...

Du er nominert av meg.
Sjekk: http://mikkje.sprayblogg.no/

mreteveian said...

Så nå at MayBritt har gitt seg Rockin' Girl Blogger, - den får du jo av meg, jo!
*klem*

Passionate Quilter said...

I've been following your progress on your stitcheries--they are so beautiful..really makes me think I should do more handstitching! Have a wonderful trip!

Rose said...

What a gorgeous stitchery!!! Leannes designs r great!!!!