Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Steps in the right direction


I promised myself to follow through with 1 hour a day on the Watermelon quilt in October.
I must admit I have been a slow starter, today is the fourth day of the month and the first day I have met my goal, with 75 minutes.
I can promise I will catch up over the next days though.
I want this quilt done asap so I can do big stitch quilting on it :-)

I have found all the finished blocks and semi-finished blocks from June.
I thought I was closer to finishing the blocks - duh ;-)
My approach will be to finish row by row - 4 rows in all and 12 big blocks and 20 small blocks in all.
The first row is already done from this summer and row number 2 will hopefully be joined tomorrow, after I have dusted off the glue, iron, sew method used for sewing the curves all by machine. The big blocks finish 12" and the small blocks finish 3,5".
Photos tomorrow.

7 comments:

Suze said...

Doesn't the idea of big stich quilting sound like just the embellishment some quilts need.

I got my hour in this morning and this afternoon I was able to work a bit more. This is a great pattern.

Shelina said...

Good for you for working on your goals already. I like the picture of the steps. I generally find that when I go back to something, I hadn't made nearly as many blocks as I thought I had. I also find that they aren't nearly as hard to make as I thought.

quiltpixie said...

even if you don't "catch up", if you do your goal of 1 hour each day you're making significant gains :-)

Mary said...

I love big stitch quilting but have yet to do a quilt using it myself. I need to find a good pattern for it and piece a top. I could use a hand quilting project for the upcoming Minnesota winter!

May Britt said...

I was inteded to follow the one hour quilt for october, but have not started yet. My shoulder is hurting and I do not look forward to all the cutting.

Screen Door said...

Great goals. Lots of stuff to do. Don't be too hard on yourself if they don't all get accomplished.

Linda_J said...

Lots and lots to do---making me tired, LOL but your list looks do-able since you already have a head start on 3 of the projects.

And you will do them with your usual flare, I know.