The gift for my niece is done and I am doing a happy Snoopy dance again :-)
My plan for today was to do 1 hour on the napkin box and then work on DD1's quilt.
One stitch lead to another and the hour passed without me wanting to stop.
The napkin box is slow work - it has double stiff batting, it is lined, the side seams are double (French) and the bottom has a binding.
The napkin box alone does not look like much of a gift, so the idea to make some potholders to go with it was born.
I have used the Tri-Rec templates.
It has been a long time since last time I used the Tri-Rec, so I messed up the cutting at first and had some waste of batik.
Oh - never trust a busy brain ;-)
I have not a thread left of the light blue background now, which I also used for backing of potholders + lining of napkin box.
It felt nice to use one of my best batiks as well - for my favourite niece (the only niece) :-)
I have to practice using my best fabrics, and not save them until they are not my best anymore!
My plan for tomorrow is to work on DD1's quilt.
Hopefully I can finish it this week.
As my alternate project(s) I will do a cross stitch of Eyore I adopted from DD1 and some DJ blocks.