Sunday, June 18, 2006

Persistence


Sunday morning.
The weather is overcast and cool - perfect for my sewing mission.
I have been up for a while, drinking tea, listening to the radio and starting on the sewing.

In the early morning hours I am often happy with my before bed routine of clearing my sewing table. It is a surviving habit from working in an accounting office for many years.
Like I before put my papers and pens away I now put away the scissors, cutters, spools and pencils away.
It is good to let a de-cluttered sewing table greet me in the morning. It is not without thing on it - not at all - but not chaos and no empty cups from yesterday.

Today's sewing mission is to do as much as possible on the Starboat quilt top.

I am in quote mode - here goes:

"Try a thing you haven't done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. and a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not."
- Virgil Thompson,

My conclusion: Now I have worked on the Starboat blocks three times and I like it :-)

"Persistence is what makes the impossible possible, the possible likely, and the likely definite."
- Robert Half, Executive

My conclusion: My persistence level is high today - I will see some results on this quilt before I know it :-)

3 comments:

Patti said...

Good for you! I like your quote. I'm eager to see the picture of the finished top, as I can't picture how these blocks are going together. I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Karen said...

Go, Hanne! Will be interested to hear what you get done today. Karen

Linda_J said...

Star boat or bust, right? Keep plugging! I see you are on deadline for this one. That always lights a fire under me--give me too long and I'll go off another tangent.